UPCOMING AUCTION CALENDAR
THE BECKER SPORTS AND AUTOGRAPH COLLECTION
ONLINE ONLY AUCTION
Exclusive online only auction opportunity of 300+ lots from the Estate of Mrs. Emil J. Becker, Jr of Evansville, Indiana
Note: Staggered end times - lots begin closing at approximately 3 PM on October 24. Final lots close at 8:30 PM CDT.
Online Bidding Only
Friday, September 28, 2012 at 7:00 AM CDT
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM CDT
Click on any image to view larger.
EXCLUSIVE ONLINE AUCTION OF SPORTS AND AUTOGRAPH MEMORABILIA
From the Estate of Mrs. Emil J. Becker, Jr. of Evansville, Indiana
AUCTIONEERS NOTE: To settle the Estate of Mrs. Emil J. Becker, Jr., the family will offer this exclusive collection of autograph and sports memorabilia to the market in this online only auction event. Emil Becker, Jr. was an avid and long-time collector. A notable attorney, Mr. Becker attended the annual Evansville signing events and Night of Memories, along with numerous shows and athletic events, to collect these autographs and memorabilia. This auction is your opportunity to purchase unique items from the Becker Estate.
- Autographed “A League of Their Own” bat, signed by the cast (incl. Madonna & Tom Hanks)
- 20+ Autographed Baseball Bats by Stan Musial, Mickey Mantle, Johnny Bench, and MORE
- 25+ Autographed Rawlings Baseballs by Yogi Berra, Wade Boggs, Harmon Killebrew and MORE
- 34+ 1920’s M-105 series blank back baseball cards incl. Ed Rousch
- Dozens of modern baseball card sets and albums
- Bobble heads and figurines
- 1960’s Pennants of opening of Dodger Stadium and World Series
- Yankees & St. Louis Cardinals lineup and scorecards
- Extensive Don Mattingly Collection
- Larry Bird, Bob Knight, Lou Holtz, Arnold Palmer Autographs
- Local Memorabilia, Colts autographs, game used jerseys & warmups
- Music and TV Star Autographs by Whitney Houston and Charles M. Schulz
Buyer’s Premium: 10%
Sales Tax: 7%
Statement on Authenticity
The Family of Mrs. Emil J. Becker, Jr. and William Wilson Auction Realty have every reason to believe that each item being offered is original and authentic, obtained first hand by Mr. Becker. Witnesses include Mr. Becker’s son, EJ Becker. However, no warranties or representations of any kind, expressed or implied, can be given to the original nature or authenticity of items being sold. Thorough care has been given to cataloging and photographing each item. Bidders should not rely solely on these descriptions, and must acknowledge that all items are being sold As, Is. Each buyer must conduct his or her own independent due diligence.
Framed and Matted Items
Items offered for sale in our online auctions may be described as framed and matted. In our descriptions, we will include the overall size and note such things as glass, matting, size, and obvious flaws with frame/matte, however, when we refer to the condition we are referring only to the item itself and not the matte or frame. Photographs used with matted and framed items are not subject to description or condition statements. Please note we do not remove the item from the frame.
For the Becker Estate Auction, no item may be returned for any reason. Please bid accordingly.
- Purchases are shipped UPS
- No purchase may be sent to a P.O. Box (street address is required)
- Insurance is added to each shipping invoice (55 cents per $100 value, in the US)
- Postage & handling are processed actual shipping charges, and buyer’s credit card will be charged via Auction Payment Network
- If you would like to know the approximate cost to ship to you, please contact email@example.com - before you bid.
- Buyer must notify Auction Company immediately upon close of auction if they would like to pick up purchases
- Pickup dates
- Pickup Hours:
- Pickup Location:
- The Auction Center, 1026 Granary Street, New Harmony, Indiana
- Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard
- Credit cards are processed via Auction Payment Network.
- Checks or money orders payable to William Wilson Agent.
- Payment for non-credit card purchases must notify Auction Company immediately upon close of auction, otherwise payment will be processed via Auction Payment Network.
- Personal and business checks are also accepted, and will ship 7 business days after receipt.
- Returned checks will be subject to a $25 fee.
- Purchases paid by bank check or money order are shipped upon receipt of payment. Credit card purchases will be shipped first.
Online Auction Terms
All payments are due at the fall of the hammer unless otherwise specified. Please be aware of this, most likely the card on file at auction registration will be charged for purchases, buyer premium and any other applicable fees. Late payments are subject to fees and penalties at the discretion of the Auction House. Be aware that invoice delinquency WILL lead to disabling of a bidder account and making all bidding unavailable on Proxibid. Payments unpaid or late will result in the account being sent to a collections agency. This can affect your overall credit scores for up to 7 years. Your bidder registration has been researched before approval for bidding at auction. The card provided on file was verified for identity purposes prior to approval. Lastly, chargebacks will be not accepted for any reason or on any purchase through Proxibid. No exceptions.
All property is sold AS IS, and ALL SALES ARE FINAL. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc may attempt to describe the merchandise in advertising, on the Internet and at the auction but makes no representations. In no event shall William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc be held responsible for having made or implied any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
Bidders who bid from off site and are not able to preview understand and acknowledge that they may not be able to inspect an item as well as if they examined it in person. It is the Bidders responsibility to determine condition, age, genuineness, value or any other determinative factor. William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc shall endeavor to describe in detail each item and any pertinent information about it. William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc will not be responsible for any errors or omissions in the description of the merchandise unless it is a material and intentional misrepresentation of the item itself. Bidder agrees that everything is sold as is and that they may not return any item they purchase.
William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc is providing Internet bidding as a service to the Bidder. Bidder acknowledges and understands that this service may or may not function correctly. Under no circumstances shall Bidder have any kind of claim against William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc or anyone else if the Internet service fails to work correctly during the auction. William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc will not be responsible for any missed bids from any source. Internet bidders who desire to make certain their bid is acknowledged should use the proxy-bidding feature and leave their maximum bid 24 hours before the auction begins. William Wilson Auction & Realty, Inc reserves the right to withdraw or re-catalog items in this auction.